Guidance Notes for Participating Artists
Please read our guidance notes – click here
2022 Entry Form
Entry opens on Monday 6th December 2021 for past participants.
Entry closes on Monday 3rd January 2022. Artists on the waiting list will then be offered a place.
Only enter if you have a venue organised for the event within Emsworth.
Please note that neither the Emsworth Arts Trail Committee nor any committee members can accept liability for loss or damage to personal property or for personal injury sustained by members of the public while visiting venues on the Arts Trail, nor for any misprints, misrepresentations or failings by the contributors or contributing organisations.
Artists must take out their own Public Liability insurance for the trail and will be asked to upload a copy of this with their entry. If exhibiting at home, you should inform your household insurer.
We ask you to consider the care and safety of our visitors and complete a risk assessment of your venue prior to the opening of the event.
You must make a formal risk assessment before the Trail starts. Here is a form you can use as a guide
And here is an example of how you can fill out the form
- List dangers, photograph them, take notes and remedy the situation. This shows you are not negligent.
- An assessment may include: Giving thoughts to potential hazards on your property, especially for children, the elderly, the disabled and animals. Steps, pools etc.
- Studios and workshops often have hazards. Remove sharp or dangerous implements and poisonous substances to a safe place.
- Warn people of steep steps, low beams, passing traffic. Put up temporary signs.
- Display a clearly visible warning that the public enters at their own risk. This will be provided for you in your Trail Packs.
- Ask someone to walk round your venue with stranger’s eyes. They may spot odd things, which may be a hazard that you no longer see, as they are so familiar to you.
Please read these guidelines and apply as relevant:
- Always have a companion with you during your opening hours.
- Tell you neighbours what is happening. Invite them?
- Do not leave anything valuable unattended.
- Tidy away (out of sight) personal possessions.
- Keep cash secure.
- Lock or bolt access to private areas.
- Inform your house insurer in good time.
Terms and Conditions
Please read and agree to the terms and conditions before you apply for a place on the trail.
6 December 2021 entry opens to past participants
3 January 2022 entry closes and offers to those artists that are on the waiting list are issued.
23, 24 April 2022 – First weekend of the Trail
30 April & 1, 2 May 2022 – Second Weekend of Trail
Artists please note these new terms for 2022
Public Liability Insurance
No Multiple Venues
In response to visitor feedback and to aid the promotion and organisation of the Emsworth Arts Trail, we will only accept one venue for each artist over the two weekends. No multiple venues will be accepted this year.