Dec 2018 Agenda
Guidance Notes for Participating Artists
Please read our guidance notes – click here
2019 Entry Form
Opens on Wednesday 5th December 2018.
Please note that neither the Emsworth Arts Trail Committee nor any committee members can accept liability for loss or damage to personal property or for personal injury sustained by members of the public while visiting venues on the Arts Trail, nor for any misprints, misrepresentations or failings by the contributors or contributing organisations.
If exhibiting at home, you should inform your household insurer or take out artist insurance to participate in the event.
We ask you to consider the care and safety of our visitors and complete a risk assessment of your venue prior to the opening of the event.
Please read these guidelines and apply as relevant:
- Always have a companion with you during your opening hours.
- Tell you neighbours what is happening. Invite them?
- Do not leave anything valuable unattended.
- Tidy away (out of sight) personal possessions.
- Keep cash secure.
- Lock or bolt access to private areas.
- Inform your house insurer in good time.
You must make a formal risk assessment before the Trail starts. This might include:
- List dangers, photograph them, take notes and remedy the situation. This shows you are not negligent.
- An assessment may include: Giving thoughts to potential hazards on your property, especially for children, the elderly, the disabled and animals. Steps, pools etc.
- Studios and workshops often have hazards. Remove sharp or dangerous implements and poisonous substances to a safe place.
- Warn people of steep steps, low beams, passing traffic. Put up temporary signs.
- Display a clearly visible warning that the public enters at their own risk. This will be provided for you in your Trail Packs.
- Ask someone to walk round your venue with stranger’s eyes. They may spot odd things, which may be a hazard that you no longer see, as they are so familiar to you.
Terms of Agreement
By registering as an artist on the Emsworth Arts Trail you are expected to help in some way, however small, and are asked to agree the following:
- To only display and sell your own work.
- To open and supervise your exhibition on the dates and for the times advertised.
- To ensure that directions to your venue are prominently displayed.
- To ensure that the disclaimer provided to you is prominently displayed.
- To actively promote the event by distributing Trail Guides and flyers.
- To conform to basic Health & Safety requirements in relation to access, materials and equipment and carry out a risk assessment
- To provide feedback on visitor numbers to enable the organisers to put together statistics.
- To ensure that all signage is removed from public highways immediately after the last day of the Trail.
- To provide a sample of work for the preview exhibition on 10th April 2019.
- Communication is really important, so please attend and read the minutes of our full meetings.
- All fees must be paid by the cut off date – 14th January 2019
- Once your application is made it is final and no further changes can be made.
- You must attend the meeting and collect your Trial Pack on 27th March 2019, or send a representative.
- Artists must be over the age of 18.
Mon 4 Dec 2017 – Full meeting @ Assembly Rooms, Emsworth Community Centre – 7.30pm
Entry Form deadline 8th January 2018 – Fees deadline 15th January 2018
Mon 29th Jan 2018– Full meeting @ Mountford Rooms, Emsworth Community Centre – 7.30pm
Sat 3rd Feb 2018 – Photo call in the village
Mon 19 Feb 2018 – Deadline for return of PDF files
Mon 26th Feb 2018 – Full meeting @ Assembly Rooms, Emsworth Community Centre – 7.30pm
Mon 28th March 2018 – Full meeting @ Mountford Rooms, Emsworth Community Centre – 7.30pm (collect trail pack)
Wed 11th April 2018 – Sneak Preview @ Brookfield Hotel – 6.30 – 9.00 pm (Hand in at 12.00)
28th – 29th April 2018 – First weekend of the Trail
5th,6th & 7th May 2018 – Second Weekend of Trail
Mon 21st May 2018 – Wash-up meeting @ Full meeting @ Assembly Rooms, Emsworth Community Centre – 7.30pm